Thursday, October 30, 2008

Widow Tidbit #2

This next tidbit might just be me, but I sure hope not. If you are easily scandalized, do not read further.

I've lost some weight, so I desperately needed to get a new bra or else risk not only my spirits sagging. So, I went to the premier store for ladies undergarments: Target. It was 10 o'clock at night and I was not in the best mental state. I grabbed a bunch of bras and tried them all on. There was one black lace number that fit perfectly and lifted me up in ways that made me feel like a teenager again. I thought to myself that I had finally found the perfect bra and it was only $12.99.

I wore the bra the next day and loved it. This meant I had to go back and get a second one. I returned to Target and found the same bra, but then I noticed the tag on it said "maternity." This confused me, so I looked again. In larger letters on the tag, it read "for nursing mothers." I tried to make sense of this and then remembered the extra snaps on the strap. I had thought this was for reinforcement and added to it's secure fitting.

In a panic, I texted my friend Katie who is nursing twins. I wrote "Katie, is it ok if I wear a nursing bra if it fits perfectly?" She responded: "Please send photo asap." I took a self-portrait this morning and sent it over to Katie this morning for analysis. I am still waiting for the final verdict.

The tidbit here? Don't let widows dress themselves. And when we do screw up, guide us to make better choices.

Posted with LifeCast

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does it say about me that this widow has better fashion sense in picking out nursing bras than I do?

Anna said...

Oooh, a *black lace* nursing bra? Target is really stepping it up. I don't think they made those in my nursing days.

You'll have to have one of those old lady Nordstrom bra fitting sessions, if you can handle a 65 year old woman trying to feel you up.

Start eating more, take care of yourself.

Heather Benza said...

I only found UGLY nursing bras that did not give much lift so if you found a bra, ANY bra that makes you feel like a teenager I suggest you keep wearing it!

Tyler said...

I love the "send photo now" reply!

Patty said...

Sounds like you found the most attractive nursing bra ever. I suggest you keep and wear it.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I think this is a priceless story. If the bra fits and is comfy, wear it. No one will know.

Megan B said...

Seriously, I am with everyone on the "if it works keep it." Sometimes I like to wander into the maternity section of Target, cause it is right next to the "plus" size section. They have way better clothes and I bet it applies to the bras too. It is some sort of conspiracy to promote pregnancy. I am not buying it. I am going to target tomorrow to buy a plus size shirt in solidarity. Thats right, Eat That Target and your labels.

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh, especially because nursing bras are not normally known for being lacy. I say if it fits, wear it, because lord knows how sucky it is shopping for new bras.

Marla said...

Another joining the chorus of a) if it fits, wear it and b) jealous that you found a fancy nursing bra. Thinking of you!

Megan B said...

Hmmm, I meant to say maternity shirt. I should always proof read. :)

Steph said...

Hey if it fits and you like it, go with it!!! And yes, eat more, we can't have you wasting away.

racqkilby said...

well, if u evr need to air out on a hot day, it'll def come in handy. pls post syle and sku# as i'm sure this will b a handy gift for friends going thru the "pause".